Nasi Lemak - Malaysian cuisine I have travelled extensively around the globe. My work allows me passage to some of the most awe- inspiring places the world has to offer. And I intentionally choose to live and work in more developing countries for various reasons. These spots on the map allow me to meet the most incedible humans, it exposes me to cultures and histories not written in the great books and tickles my palette with the craziest dishes that no western menu has even dreamed up yet. Malaysia taught me how daring food can be, the national dish - Nasi Lemak, translates from Malay as "fatty rice." Let me start with a warning, this is not eaten by the faint-hearted. It consists of fragrant rice cooked in coconut milk with Pandan leaves and served with Sambal sause (red chilli peppers), anchovies, cucumber and roasted peanuts. It is often served wrapped in a banana leaf. Locally eaten as a breakfast (and not because it awakens the senses!) but as you can imagine, it had me up and at 'em and searching for water! An absolute MUST TRY if you find yourself in South East Asia.

Posted by Saffa at 2022-03-11 05:12:17 UTC