Templo de San Francisco Javier In the centre of the tiny town of Tepotzotlán in Estado de Mexico, stands the baroque beauty - Templo de San Francisco Javier- who was also a co-founder of the Jesuit Order. Construction on the Templo began around 1585 and was completed in 1682. The church façade was designed to share the significance of the place and to show the unconverted the sheer magnificance of the Catholic faith. Before being expelled from the area, Jesuit priests were sent here for seminary training. Added to this was another school to train Jesuit missionaries in local languages and a third school would provide education to indigenous youths. Tepotzotlán became one of the most important educational centers in the New World.
Posted by Saffa at 2023-03-02 01:03:02 UTC